As soon as potatoes and onions are harvested, they start ageing. If they are not stored in a suitable atmosphere, they will get damaged within a few days. The best way to preserve them is to store them in a properly ventilated room with the right temperature.
The best temperature to save your onion and potatoes differs. According to our experts, the best temperature to store your potatoes is between 40 to 45°F. In case your species of potatoes and onions differ from the regular once available in the market, you can contact our consultants who will advise you better.
Check out these guidelines to store your potatoes and onions
● Always wash your products before you store in your cold room or refrigerator
● Find out the right temperature that suits your product before storing in the cold room
● Keep your cold room clean
● Don’t store your potatoes and onions with other vegetables because the temperature requirements may differ
● Apply the rotation principle of first in and first out
● Blast freezing may not be the best for these products
● You can store in a plastic container that is not airtight
● Don’t leave your cold room doors open for a long time
However, as professionals in building storage facilities of all kinds, we have developed and designed the best method of preserving potatoes and onions for over a long period. Our system ensures that these food items retain their nutrient values and also remain as fresh as possible.
We have designed and built several potato and onion storage warehouse facilities across the country. You can reach out to us for the perfect storage system for storing your potato and onions. Send your requirements and our team of experts will modify and proffer the best construction advice.
We ensure that your potato and onion cold storage facility;
● Has the required insulation and cooling systems
● Install ventilation system to suit your products
● Air circulation system works properly
● Install high efficient axial fans.
● Install automatic air flaps for proper air input and output.
● Build customized humidifying systems for potato.
● Has a functional Co2, temperature and humidity control systems.
● Properly fitted doors
● Makes use of the right compressor and panels to ensure that energy consumption is saved
● Stores your products for as long as one year without losing its nutritious values